COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
During this time, please know that the safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority.
Reducing risk of exposure
To keep everyone as safe as possible during the pandemic, please call us to reschedule your appointment if:
- you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, unexplained runny nose or headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
- you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- you have traveled to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Connecticut in the past 10 days and have not gotten a negative test
- you have traveled to any other state that is not on the MA lower risk state list in the past 10 days (even if you have had a negative test)
- you have traveled by commercial train, plane, or bus in the past 10 days (with the exception of local commuting)
- you have had houseguests from out of state* or a member of your household has traveled out of state* in the last 10 days and those individuals did not get negative COVID PCR tests (*any states on the lower risk list are exempted from this requirement)
- you have attended an indoor social gathering of more than 10 people in the past 10 days
- any member of your household is currently quarantining due to known exposure, and you are not able to isolate from that person at home
You will receive a screening survey via email the day before your appointment. We require that you complete this screening prior to your appointment.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
We are doing everything we can to reduce risk for our patients and staff members. We already followed very strict infection control protocols, but we have taken extra measures during this pandemic, as well. These include:
- Appropriate PPE for all practitioners, including gloves, masks, and eye protection when indicated.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- Temperature checks upon entrance for patients and staff, and symptom screening for patients and staff
- We have added additional HEPA air filters in each treatment room, as well as having special UV filtration and air purification devices installed in our HVAC system and free standing purifiers as well.
- Increased time between appointments to allow for a more thorough cleaning of the treatment rooms.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all surfaces in the office including bathrooms, door handles, reception desk, etc.
- We have removed all linens from the acupuncture rooms and now have special table covers and pillow case covers that are easily cleaned with approved disinfectants. Massage linens will continue to be safely changed between every patient. The top blankets have been removed from massage tables and replaced by two layers of top sheets that are changed between every patient.
- All pillows are covered with a vinyl pillowcase.
- We have also migrated to an electronic medical records system to reduce the point of contact of paper charts. (And to bring us to the 21st century!)
- Extensive training with all staff members about infection control protocols
- Additional weekly professional suite cleaning, and use of electrostatic disinfection
What to expect at your visit
Prior to your first appointment back in the office, you will receive a link to complete our online intake forms. We ask ALL patients to complete these, even if we already have a paper chart for you. (We have updated some questions and we want to be sure all your information is accurate in our system.)
Also before each appointment at our office, you will receive a link to a QUICK online screening about any recent symptoms or COVID exposure. This screening is required before every visit.
Please wait in your car when you arrive for your appointment. We will call you when your practitioner is ready. After we reach you on the phone, we will tell you to come meet your practitioner at the suite door. We will take your temperature and confirm you have answered all the screening questions, and ask you to use hand sanitizer before entering the office. If you'd like to check-in online when you arrive, you can CLICK HERE to log into your account and check in, or scan the QR code at our front door and wait outside for entry.
With the exception of pediatric appointments, no other family members may accompany you to your appointment. (If you require assistance from a family member to get in to your appointment, please reach out and we can make a plan on a case by case basis.)
Please wear a mask. If you do not bring one, we will provide one for you.
Your practitioner will bring you directly to your treatment room.
You will have the same wonderful, compassionate, healing care you are used to at Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness during your session.
After your session, your practitioner will let you know when the front desk is available and you can come and check out.
We are ONLY accepting credit card payments at this time (and insurance.)
You may book your next session with our front desk staff, but we ask you to call if you are trying to book multiple appointments.
If an in person appointment doesn't sound right for you right now, we are continuing to offer our wide range of telehealth services, many of which are covered by insurance. Check out details here.
Updated Office Policies
24-Hour Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Please allow 24 hours advance notice for appointment changes or cancellations. Cancellations or changes made within 24 hours of the appointment will be charged a $50 late cancellation fee. Please note that we do NOT charge late cancellation fees for illness-related cancellations.
Because we feel that proper patient care requires the full amount of time allotted for visits, patients arriving more than 15 minutes late may need to reschedule and will be charged the late cancellation/rescheduling fee. If patients are late to treatment and the treating practitioner is still able to see them, the treatment will be shortened to end at the allotted time so as not to infringe on other patients’ appointments, but the patient will still be responsible for the full cost of the scheduled treatment.
Patients who do not show up for an appointment without calling to cancel or reschedule will be charged the full amount for their visit. Patients may not continue treatment at Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness without first paying any outstanding late cancellation/no show fees.
To Ensure a Peaceful and Optimal Treatment Environment
Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness strives to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for our patients, and we ask that while in our office, any cell phones or pagers be silenced, and that children not be left unattended. We also ask that patients keep their voices down in our reception area to allow other patients to receive maximum relaxation during their treatment.
For our therapies, it is best to arrive in comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is recommended to have a light meal before treatment if needed, but not be overly full.
Payment in full is expected at the time of service, unless you have previously provided us with your insurance information (for acupuncture only.) We accept credit card payments only: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
If you have any other questions regarding your visit, please feel free to call the office at 781-898-4083.