COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Reducing risk of exposure
To keep everyone as safe as possible during the pandemic, please call us to reschedule your appointment if:
you are feeling ill
you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days
you are not fully vaccinated and you have known exposure to COVID-19 in the past 10 days
you are fully vaccinated and you have known exposure to COVID-19 n the past 10 days, and you have not yet received a negative test taken at least 5 days after exposure
you have traveled internationally in the past 10 days and are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 but have not received a negative COVID test after your return to the United States
What are we doing to keep you safe?
We are doing everything we can to reduce risk for our patients and staff members. We already followed very strict infection control protocols, but we have taken extra measures during this pandemic, as well. These include:
- Appropriate PPE for all practitioners
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- We have added additional HEPA air filters in each treatment room, as well as having special UV filtration and air purification devices installed in our HVAC system and free standing purifiers as well.
- Increased time between appointments to allow for a more thorough cleaning of the treatment rooms.
- Increased frequency of cleaning all surfaces in the office including bathrooms, door handles, reception desk, etc.
- We have removed all linens from the acupuncture rooms and now have special table covers and pillow case covers that are easily cleaned with approved disinfectants. Massage linens will continue to be safely changed between every patient. The top blankets have been removed from massage tables and replaced by two layers of top sheets that are changed between every patient.
- All pillows are covered with a vinyl pillowcase.
- We have also migrated to an electronic medical records system to reduce the point of contact of paper charts. (And to bring us to the 21st century!)
- Extensive training with all staff members about infection control protocols
- Additional weekly professional suite cleaning
What to expect at your visit
Prior to your first appointment, you will receive a link to complete our online intake forms. We ask ALL patients to complete these prior to their first visit after 6/1/2020, even if we have a previous paper chart for you.
Also before each appointment at our office, you will receive a link to a QUICK online screening about any recent symptoms or COVID exposure. This screening is required before every visit.
Our waiting room is open, but please only come in 1-2 minutes prior to your appointment, to avoid crowding in the waiting room. If you aren't in the waiting room at your appointment time, we will give you a call to let you know we are ready for you.
With the exception of pediatric appointments, no other family members may accompany you to your appointment. (If you require assistance from a family member to get in to your appointment, please reach out and we can make a plan on a case by case basis.)
Please wear a mask. If you do not bring one, we will provide one for you.
Your practitioner will bring you directly to your treatment room.
You will have the same wonderful, compassionate, healing care you are used to at Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness during your session.
After your session, your practitioner will let you know when the front desk is available and you can come and check out.
If an in person appointment doesn't sound right for you right now, we are continuing to offer our wide range of telehealth services. Check out details here.
Updated Office Policies
24-Hour Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy
Please allow 24 hours advance notice for appointment changes or cancellations. Cancellations or changes made within 24 hours of the appointment will be charged a $50 late cancellation fee. Please note that we do NOT charge late cancellation fees for illness-related cancellations.
Because we feel that proper patient care requires the full amount of time allotted for visits, patients arriving more than 15 minutes late may need to reschedule and will be charged the late cancellation/rescheduling fee. If patients are late to treatment and the treating practitioner is still able to see them, the treatment will be shortened to end at the allotted time so as not to infringe on other patients’ appointments, but the patient will still be responsible for the full cost of the scheduled treatment.
Patients who do not show up for an appointment without calling to cancel or reschedule will be charged the full amount for their visit. Patients may not continue treatment at Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness without first paying any outstanding late cancellation/no show fees.
To Ensure a Peaceful and Optimal Treatment Environment
Stepping Stone Acupuncture & Wellness strives to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for our patients, and we ask that while in our office, any cell phones or pagers be silenced, and that children not be left unattended. We also ask that patients keep their voices down in our reception area to allow other patients to receive maximum relaxation during their treatment.
For our therapies, it is best to arrive in comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. It is recommended to have a light meal before treatment if needed, but not be overly full.
Payment in full is expected at the time of service, unless you have previously provided us with your insurance information (for acupuncture only.) We accept credit card payments only: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
If you have any other questions regarding your visit, please feel free to call the office at 781-898-4083.